Hello Gorgeous brides!
Lynsey here once again, head veil designer at The Wedding Veil Shop. Today I want to let you in on a little secret that, if you’ve been in any way struggling with which wedding veil style to choose, could be the best thing you’ve read all day!
Introducing The Wedding Veil That Goes With Everything!
It’s the fable, the myth, the legend. The one veil to rule them all…all…all.
Okay. That may have been slightly dramatic, but bear with me.
There’s a certain popular wedding veil style of ours that, since it was introduced back in 2016, has proven itself to be the ultimate chameleon veil that goes perfectly with SO many dresses. Lots of our beautiful brides have sent in their images wearing this veil and we’re always impressed by how it lends itself so well to so many different gown styles and silhouettes, and even different wedding themes.
Our Most Popular Wedding Veil — Ever.
So what is this mystical, magical wedding veil you may be asking yourself?
Well, she’s called Brooke, and she’s extremely pretty!
Brooke is a long, floaty chapel length veil in a single layer style with just a tiny and very delicate edge finish. So simple, and yet so effective as you’ll see in the fabulous images below. Some of the following weddings were originally featured on wedding blogs such as Love My Dress!
5 Reasons Why The Brooke Wedding Veil Is So Popular.
- It’s long. Long wedding veils are currently a lot more popular with brides than shorter ones, and we’re all for it. Who doesn’t love a long veil? It’s even better that it’s chapel length. Out of the 3 main long wedding veil lengths that touch the floor (floor, chapel and cathedral), the chapel length has always been the most popular option. This is down to the train length of dresses being more common in this length.
- It has a pencil edge. The pencil edge is our most popular edge trim. It’s just so simple and delicate. Aside from having no edge at all (i.e. a cut edge), it’s about as subtle an edge finish as you can possibly get while still giving a nice finished look to the veil.
- It’s single-layered. More than 50% of brides currently opt not to wear a blusher over the face so this is another big plus point for the Brooke veil.
- It’s plain. Never underestimate the power of a perfectly plain wedding veil and its ability to blend with every kind of dress. Be it super-blingy and beaded or fabulously lacey or both! It can also, of course, work with an equally plain dress for a very minimalist and understated look.
- It’s wide. The impressive floor spread of the Brooke veil means it fully surrounds your train in a really beautiful way. Once our brides at the boutique have tried the wider option Brooke provides, suddenly the narrower veils just won’t do!
Real Brides Wearing The Brooke Wedding Veil
We’re always so grateful to our brides that send in their wedding day images. Especially when we get so many as in the examples below! We make each of our veils by hand and so we do genuinely get excited to see our work in action. When you’ve made something, it’s definitely a different feeling than if you just sold something. There’s a much more personal reaction to seeing it being worn. The fact that someone has entrusted you with something so important is really flattering and feels amazing. It’s not that we’re not happy to receive pictures of brides wearing our other headpieces and accessories, but the veils are always the most special. 🙂
So, let’s have a look at some of our beautiful real bride images to see if we can see why the Brooke wedding veil is so very popular, shall we?
Real Bride Emma
Our first gorgeous real bride, Emma, paired the Brooke veil with a classic A-line gown with a structured satin bodice and a full lace-trimmed tulle skirt. Such a classic bridal look made effortlessly modern with that fabulous and unusual neckline. We feel that Emma managed to create the perfect balance of sweet and sexy with her dress choice, and the Brooke veil only made it look even better! Don’t you just love how long veils catch in the breeze for those epic wedding shots?
Real Bride Holly
Next up, our gorgeous bride Holly opted for a much more figure-hugging silhouette. The classic lace mermaid gown with a sweetheart neckline is a very popular option for brides so I’m delighted to see just how beautifully our Brooke veil accentuates it. Mermaid gowns, although slimmer in appearance from the front, can often have deceptively long and wide trains at the back so the extra wide Brooke is still a great match.
Real Bride Karen
Our gorgeous bride Karen also wears a mermaid gown but with a much more subtle flare at the bottom. It features a beautiful ruched bodice and lace trimmed skirt. I’ve always love the way the veil wrapped itself around Karen and her new hubby in these images Another benefit of the extra wide tulle!
All of our brides so far have had fabulous destination weddings. I promise the next one will be in the UK!
Real Bride Josie
Our fabulous bride Josie wears a very subtle A-line gown with her Brooke veil and really made it work during her couple photos! Because the tulle is wider on the Brooke veil, it is really good at catching in the breeze to get these amazing flyaway veil pictures. But at the same time, when the veil is hanging naturally it’s narrow enough to match Josie’s slim A-line gown. Another reason why it’s our most popular wedding veil!
Real Bride Sarah
And for our final Brooke bride, we have beautiful Sarah. Sarah wore a gorgeous column/sheath dress. We especially love the way she decided to wear the veil low down under her hair. This look is becoming increasingly popular at the moment. Single layer wedding veils like Brooke are perfect for this as they can be inserted absolutely anywhere in the hair.
More Popular Wedding Veils
And that’s a wrap! I hope you’ve enjoyed my little round up of some of our gorgeous real brides wearing our most popular wedding veil. If you’d like to see even more brides wearing our veils (of all kinds), don’t forget to get follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest (links below). And do be sure to send in your own images (lots of them preferably!) after your own Big Day!
See For Yourself
Why not try the Brooke veil for yourself with the full confidence of our 30-day return policy if you don’t absolutely love it?